Friday, March 11, 2011

Fun With Public School Statistics

Since it seems to be a day where I'm actually blogging, I've been meaning to post links to some excellent analyses of public education by Dave Burge at Iowahawk. Part 1 dealt with how Wisconsin and Texas public schools actually stack up against each other when one controls for race/ethnicity, and part 2 answers some criticisms that were raised against part 1.

It's way too easy to look at bulk statistics and draw erroneous conclusions, even when you know better. I'd glad that somebody had enough on the ball to do the arithmetic.

(I'd blog on what I thought about the Wisconsin union business if I weren't floating in an Ambien-induced bubble of no better than semi-reality, but I am. Chronic insomnia is a bitch. Maybe later... after I've slept... Oh, wait... I have... I think...)

No comments: